Sunday, November 5, 2017

Cincinnati type-in & film report










Try your hand(s) at the typing competition. Can you beat Leigh's 14.2 net wpm?


The sounds of typing:




A typist's thoughts:



Then it was time for the movie:






The movie was a hit—everyone laughed, oohed and ahhed, and made the sounds you make when you recognize truths. Afterwards, there was an interesting discussion and we heard an excellent poem from one of WordPlay's young writers about the power of the pen.

The Super-G raised $100 for WordPlay. (You can donate too.)

What a great day!

PS: I really should have subtracted 5 wpm per error before dividing by minutes. The method used for this competition was really punitive!

PPS: Libby Hunter of WordPlay announced that over 5 years, my typewriter efforts have raised $30,000 for them. How about that!



8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous time, wish I could've been there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wish I could come to Albuquerque! The US is just too big.

      Delete
    2. nah, we just need instant teleportation. :D

      Delete
  2. This was so much fun! Thanks for hosting Richard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. And thanks for those fantastic stamps!

      Delete
    2. You bet. I just saw the note about how much money you have raised for Word Play. Amazing! Big congrats :)

      Delete
  3. Dang that sounds awesome! I love the Bukowski poem. I did not know that one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations all around! That is a great amount for WordPlay!

    ReplyDelete